What is a Private Cloud?
A private cloud is a type of cloud service made up of computing resources that are exclusively used by one business or organisation. It can be physically located at your premises or hosted by a third-party service provider.
With the private cloud the services and infrastructure are always maintained on a private network and software is just for your organisation making it easier for you to customise your resources for specific IT requirements.
The private cloud is often used by government agencies, financial companies and other organisations with operations that require enhanced control.
What are the Benefits of a Private Cloud?
There are many benefits to a private cloud including:
- Flexibility – You can customise your private cloud to meet specific business needs.
- Enhanced security – Your resources and software are not shared with anyone else giving you higher levels of security and control.
- Scalability – The private cloud still provides you with the scalability and efficiency opportunities as the public cloud does.
What is a Public Cloud?
The public cloud is the most common way that organisations use cloud computing. With a public cloud, the resources such as servers and storage are owned and operated by a third-party cloud service provider. This is then delivered over the internet.
Public cloud hardware, software and supporting infrastructure are owned and managed by the third-party provider. In addition to this you share public cloud hardware, software and infrastructure with other businesses and organisations.
The public cloud is often used to provide web-based email, online office applications, storage and more.
What are the Benefits of a Public Cloud?
- Cost effective – With the public cloud, there is no need to purchase hardware or software. You also will only pay for the service you use.
- No maintenance – This is provided by your service provider.
- Reliability – A large range of network servers help to ensure against failures.
How can we help?
We offer a wide variety of both public and private cloud services that we design to meet the needs of your business. These include:
At Cambridge Support, we are dedicated to finding a solution that is right for your business. If you are unsure whether you require a private or public cloud, get in touch with our team of experts to see how we can help.