Cambridge Support is an award winning IT services organisation focused on working with small and medium sized organisations offering next generation IT services. We support many on-premise environments but are focused on cloud technologies and work on Google and Microsoft cloud solutions.
We are always looking for individuals with experience in the IT sector who can demonstrate the ability to understand customer service, client needs and working with our technical team offering solutions to meet those needs.
Type: Full Time / Permanent
Main Purpose of the Role
As an IT Consultant you’ll work in partnership with clients, providing strategic guidance on how to use information technology in order to meet their business objectives and overcome problems.
You will also support the sales team by having pre-sales experience and be an escalation point within our team of experienced engineers.
- Perform a whole range of IT initiatives and projects
- Travel to client sites
- Meet with clients to understand their requirements and business objectives
- Design IT systems and networks; define software and hardware requirements, ensuring the right architecture and functionality
- Examine IT systems for potential threats to its security and integrity. Draw up plans for disaster recovery if security is compromised
- Present solutions in written or oral reports that are clear, concise and suit the client who may or may not be, IT literate
- Plan timescales and the resources needed
- Design, test, install and monitor new systems
- Prepare documentation and present progress reports to clients
- Organise training for users and other consultants
Job Skills and Requirements
- excellent communication and customer service skills
- Teamwork skills
- Time management skills
- Strong server, cloud, desktop and networking skills
- Confident decision making
- Significant experience in a range of projects, preferably in a similar multi-client environment
- Technical pre-sales experience
- Strong multitasking capabilities
- Must have own reliable transport
Essential Technical Skills
- Windows Server 2012 / 2016
- Office 365 – Exchange Online / SharePoint / Azure AD / Intune
- Exchange 2013 / 2016
- RDS / Terminal Services
- Active Directory / DNS / VPN / TCP/IP / Group Policy
- Routing, Switching, Firewalls
- Mac OSX
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- MSP experience preferable
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) (Preferred)
- Enthusiastic, motivated, driven, approachable
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy
- Calm, confident manner able to work effectively under pressure, and keep to deadlines
- Solution focused and flexible approach to problem-solving
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- An extra day off to enjoy your birthday
- Contributory pension scheme of 3%
- Health cash plans giving you cash back on essential health care such as dental and eye care as well as access to valuable health and well-being services
- Regular company funded team socials
Whilst we will make every effort to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within three weeks, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
The Company values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The Company has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, in order to make a safer recruitment decision.
Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org