Digitising your business’s activities, from consumer or client transactions to file sharing and data storage and more, has become an essential part of running a business efficiently.
The benefits are significant and numerous – protected transactions, data logs to track who, what, when and with whom activity has taken place, scaleable cloud storage, improved communications across a diverse number of devices, easily accessible apps to suit every business’s needs… the list is endless!
And with programmes like Microsoft Office 365 designed to deliver all the above and more, it’s no wonder that thousands of businesses are taking advantage of what the programme offers.
To keep security operating at optimal level, there are a number of auditing and reporting features administrators can use to track activity across the Microsoft suite.
For Microsoft Office 365 users, the Office 365 Security & Compliance Center is a one-stop portal that helps administrators with data protection and governance, compliance, activity tracking, data logging, user preferences and more.
Users will be able to:
- Get a wide spectrum of reports, from showing sign-ins for SharePoint, Exchange Online and Azure Active Directory, to device management and data loss prevention.
- Maintain permissions control by assigning access to the people who perform compliance or other tasks as is required.
- Set up activity alerts to track specific activities in Office 365
- Archive mailbox content for future eDiscovery.
In order to do so, administrators are able to access navigation panes including:
- Alerts: Enables you to manage alerts, view security-related alerts, and manage advanced alerts using Office 365 Cloud App Security.
- Permissions: Enables you to assign permissions such as Compliance Administrator, eDiscovery Manager, and others to people in your organisation so they can perform tasks in these centres. You assign permissions for most features in each centre, but other permissions must be configured using the Exchange admin centre and SharePoint admin centre.
- Threat management: Enables you to create and apply device management policies using Office 365 Mobile Device Management, to set up Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policies for your organisation, to configure email filtering, anti-malware, DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM), safe attachments, safe links, and OAuth apps.
- Data governance: Enables you to import email or SharePoint data from other systems into Office 365, configure archive mailboxes, and set retention policies for email and other content within your organisation.
- Search & investigation: Provides content search, audit log, quarantine, and eDiscovery case management tools to quickly drill into activity across Exchange Online mailboxes, groups and public folders, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business.
- Reports: Enables you to quickly access reports for SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Exchange Online, and Azure AD.
- Service assurance: Provides information about how Microsoft maintains security, privacy, and compliance with global standards for Office 365, Azure, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, Microsoft Intune, and other cloud services. Also includes access to third-party ISO, SOC, and other audit reports, as well as Audited Controls, which provides details about the various controls that have been tested and verified by third-party auditors of Office 365.
For assistance or guidance setting up your Microsoft Security & Compliance access, reporting or more, please contact one of our friendly staff today.